Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
100 Mile Club General Statement – Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Equity, diversity, and inclusion is an active process that requires continuous commitment to promote healthy people, healthy communities and the overall success of present and future generations.
Our policies are guided by our mission, vision, and deep-rooted in our values. Through sustainable and tangible DEI practices, 100 Mile Club celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. We embrace these pillars of excellence as essential to healthy people and healthy communities.
Value Statement – We believe
- Our mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness as a core value and practice.
- Our core values are strengthened when all have a voice and are encouraged to contribute.
- In providing opportunities that can lead to transformational change toward learning, achievement, healthy people and healthy communities.
Action Statements – Accomplished through or by
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness among individuals and groups.
- Actively building a community whose members have diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
- Identifying competencies that are essential to creating environments enriched with diverse views and people.
- Honoring freedom of expression, ideals of citizenry, and civility of discourse as fundamental to personal, professional, and organizational growth.
- Reaching beyond the organization to establish beneficial relationships with individuals and partners who share mutual goals and interests.
100 Mile Club is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the communities that we serve.
We believe that diversity is the presence and celebration of difference that enriches our workplace, including identity-focused characteristics, such as race, gender, disability or age.
We also believe that equity is the presence of and commitment to fair treatment, access and opportunity for all, where individuals are not at a disadvantage because of their identities.
We believe that inclusion is how we demonstrate our commitment to diversity and equity and is at the center of our efforts to build an intentional culture that fosters feelings of belonging and honors the differences of our colleagues, customers, partners and vendors. Inclusion ensures that individuals with different identities are valued, leveraged and welcome within our workplace.
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce at all levels of our organization by building an inclusive, supportive, bias and discrimination-free environment that engages all of us in meeting the 100 Mile Club vision of a world where children realize their full potential.
We believe in the power of diversity, equity and inclusion in enabling us to achieve our mission of building bridges to success for children. We know that diversity is the full array of individual differences among people, including and not limited to age, culture, disability, educational level, team member status, ethnicity, family status, gender, military and veteran status, national or regional origin, organizational level and function, perspectives, physical attributes, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, socioeconomic status, spiritual beliefs and thinking style.
As an organization and Board of Directors, we agree to be guided by these principles and pledge that they will be reflected in our vision, mission, strategic planning, programming, policies and procedures, governance, and board composition. 100 Mile Club recognizes that its effectiveness will be enhanced and its mission well served when the practice of inclusion is reflected in all aspects of the organization including: board of directors, staff, programming and policies and procedures, funders and donors.
As a fundamental component of our commitment to DEI, 100 Mile Club adheres to a comprehensive non-discrimination policy. We do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, religious, non-religious or spiritual affiliation, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, health, source of income, urban or rural geographic connection, familial class, immigration status, or status as a veteran in our employment practices, community engagements and activities.